Upcoming Webinar on Advanced Technologies and the Impact on Transportation Industries: A Workforce Conversation
Posted on December, 6th 2017
Advanced Technologies and the Impact on Transportation Industries: A Workforce Conversation
Date: December 18, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm ET
Organization: Presented by the TRB Standing Committee on Education and Training, National Network for the Transportation Workforce, and the APTA Workforce Development Committee Technology Webinar
As technologies advance and are steadily incorporated into the operations of transportation industries, workforce needs evolve at increasingly progressive rates across all levels. Technological impacts are widespread and create internal and external demands on both public and private sector agencies, businesses, and institutions. This webinar’s objective is to identify the impact advanced technologies have on the transportation industry.
Presenters will examine the overall industry story- how services, customer relations, and employee needs are influenced. They will speak to current trends, best practices, and skill gaps that must be filled with up-to-date trainings and planning of potentially new certifications. Furthermore, presenters will look at the need for continued educational partnerships and their role in creating a steady pipeline of qualified employees into the workforce. Finally, speakers will conclude with how we merge what we know, with what we need, into proactive next steps.
Moderator & Facilitator:
- Mr. Ferdinand Risco, Assistant Executive Director, TARC; Vice Chair, Workforce Development Committee
Invited Speakers and Panelists:
- Mr. Mike Loehr, Global Practice Leader, Transit and Rail, Track and Civil, CH2M; Chair, BMBG Workforce Development Subcommittee
- Ms. Joanne Peterson, Executive Office – Human Resources, LA Metro
- Ms. Leticia Barajas, Vice President, Pathway Innovation & Institutional Effectiveness, Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Dr. Thomas O’Brien, Executive Director of the Center for International Trade and Transportation; Associate Director of METRANS; Director, Southwest Transportation Workforce Center
For more information or to register, click here.